Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving ... the weekend.



The excitement of the day... the planning.. the time off work.. the family.. the memories!!! I love thanksgiving for so many reasons.. what it means. You know, no matter your religious belief or not, everyone has something to be thankful for. This is truly a holiday/celebration that we all can relate to. We can all enjoy the time, the moment, the memories and all the food. I have enjoyed this holiday very much.

Thursday - Thanksgiving always puts us going several places to meet up with family. But I enjoy that. I enjoy preparing our parts of the meal then meeting and pigging out. We had a great time. What a wonderful memory.. enjoying a terrific meal with your family. And of course we had to play a little cornhole. Enjoying each other's company and planning our shopping for black Friday. You know, the shopping... that's part of our holiday. Planning where we will go and what time to meet. Wow!! what a rush.

Friday - Shopping.. then take a nap!

Saturday - Catch up on all the things we haven't done around the house. However, this year we decided to paint the bathroom. Nate needs to finish a family project for his Family Life badge. So painting the bathroom has become that project. He painted all day. Looks good.. still needs to touch up but it feels good to finish something. Also, one less badge to finish. He has two left before he can start on his eagle project. I am so proud of him. He is GREAT!!

Sunday - Church - Bike riding... the weather should be perfect 68 degrees. I can't wait to get out and ride. This time of year it is difficult to get out and ride. I should have ridden today but I needed to do so much other stuff. A mountain bike ride .... what could be better?!!!

Monday - Let's not talk about it..............back to work!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a Great Weekend!! The Hampton Household was busy also. We loved sharing Thanksgiving with our new addition even though I not sure she really knew what was going on. I have to addmit she is a True Blessing!!

    ReplyDelete